Sunday, October 17, 2010

Where the Wild Things Are

I give my regards and sincerest apologies for not blogging yesterday. However, my parents and I watched the Gruver Band get straight one's at marching band contest, got five inches cut off of my hair, and hung out at home-sweet-home. There is nothing like the comfort of your own bed. After two months away, my bed welcomed me with open arms every night I was home; it was blissful. It was wonderful to see my family and many people whom I love very much. Three days was a great amount, not too short, not too long, I'm happy to be back in Austin. Don't get me wrong, I love being home and being with friends and family; but I love Austin, the weather, and my friends and family here as well.

Last year, on the third Sunday of October, I went to see Where the Wild Things Are with my friend Rosa. I love the book and the movie. I haven't seen the movie since the viewing of it that day; maybe I will watch it this week. If you haven't seen it, it is a great movie to see. Also, if you aren't much for movies or don't feel like being open-minded today, just check out the soundtrack; it is a great mixture of genres.

My old high school is in the process of building a new gym, when I was home visiting my coach took me on a tour of the new facility. Needless to say I am quite jealous that I do not get to play a game in the gym.

The Rangers redeemed themselves last night, Feliz Dia! If you didn't catch the pun, you must have missed the game. The next three games in New York should be interesting. I'm almost certain that if the Rangers lose another my brother may need to be admitted to therapy because no matter how many times my dad has told him, he still doesn't understand that "It's just a game."

Today's song of the day, don't laugh too hard. :)

That was fun now wasn't it? At least you know I will always keep you guessing.

Tonight my LLC is having a dinner at Opal's Divine. For those of you who don't know what an LLC is, I will enlighten you. An LLC or Living and Learning Community is a group of students who live together and learn together. More specifically, my LLC, the Honors LLC, is composed of eight girls and six boys. We take our honors class together, live on the same floor of our dorm hall together, and have weekly meetings/outings together. Being in an LLC has definitely made a substantial contribution to my college experience.

Have a blessed week and a wonderful Sunday afternoon.

Love always,

law

No comments:

Post a Comment