Monday, October 11, 2010

Beautiful Day

Although "Imagine" by John Lenon is the song of the day, "Beautiful Day" by U2 is where this muse begins. I listen to my iTunes when I walk to class everyday. I have a morning playlist that I listen to and that I add songs to frequently. This morning I was feeling rather spontaneous and decided to throw my iPhone on shuffle. My music taste is very eclectic and my playlist is rather large so considering the circumstances this was a big change for my ears on my morning stroll to class. I was in between the Ragsdale Center and Andre Hall and suddenly "Beautiful Day" comes on. My memory ventures back to a car ride with my family. I don't remember how old I was but I know I was fairly young, 4th or 5th grade perhaps. You must understand that my parents, mainly my dad, loves U2. I remember distinctly this car ride. Mom was driving and I was sitting behind her, Dad in the passenger seat, Ryan behind him, and Reid in the back. There are two reasons which aided me in concluding that I was young. First, We were all in "White Lightening", our family suburban. Second, Reid was in the back. This is significant because when Reid and I were younger we were unable to sit withing three feet of each other without fighting. Anyways, "Beautiful Day" begins to play in the car. My dad, you must understand, can quite frankly bust a move on the dance floor (he is my favorite dancing partner). However, his jiving skills in the car are on the other end of the spectrum. Nonetheless, he jams out, no matter who is in the car. So of course he is proceeding to sing at the top of his lungs to "Beautiful Day" while playing his infamous air guitar; the funny thing is I look to my right and Ryan is doing the same thing. I'm pretty sure Reidy must've been out like a light in the back (he's never had trouble sleeping in cars). My dad sometimes gets a bit rowdy in his car jiving and so without fail this is what happens:

Teague: "Davin, Davin, STOP IT!" Davin: "Teague, it's U2 come on!!!" Teague: "Davin, I'm trying to drive!" Davin: "Oh come on Teague, it's a beautiful day (going into the air guitar solo)! 

Moments like these with my family I will cherish forever. It's rare that we are ever in a car together anymore, but reminiscing on the good ole' days is always fun; and this morning I walked to Premont with a huge smile on my face jamming out to "Beautiful Day", and believe me so far it has been.

If you know me, you know that I have a serious fetish with shoes. Recently, I have also acquired a similar fondness for bandannas. Assessing the amounts I have both, I have come to the conclusion that my fetish is not with shoes and bandannas; it is with bright colors. Most every pair of shoes I own are insanely bright colors, as are the bandannas. I love color. My mac book case is orange, my running shoes are yellow, the bandanna I am wearing right now is hot pink. Most people avoid buying colorful shoes; I however, try and find the most radiant pair for the cheapest price.

I really don't have a favorite pair of shoes, however I am particularly fond of all of my TOMS. TOMS is a company that sells shoes to help buy shoes for children. With every pair of TOMS you buy you also buy a pair for a child in need. TOMS are also fashionable and I find them very comfortable. I aspire to work as an intern for the TOMS shoes company in the next few years. Keep in mind this is not set in stone it's just on the list, which like I have said before, is rather long. TOMS aren't too expensive so check them out and buy a pair. Might I suggest sizing your foot to fit them before purchasing though; they tend to run large.

While you are browsing the selection of TOMS shoes on their website: www.toms.com listen to "Imagine" by John Lenon, it is the song of the day for crying out loud!

Existentialism=Friendship

law

No comments:

Post a Comment