Saturday, October 9, 2010

May the Force Be With You

Last night the Givers concert was fabulous! We went when the doors opened at ten; however, the Givers didn't preform until twelve-thirty making for a long night. All things considered it was totally worth it! My friend Stephanie, her boy friend, and me were front and center rocking out like there would be no tomorrow. One of the lead singers took the liberty of getting a haircut. Being a country girl and all, the five inches of hair gone improved his look immensely.

Today I have been babysitting the Comer boys (my cousins), it has been an eventful day to say the least. Patrick (oldest) wanted to go to the mall to see a movie. Alex (middle) was gone to a friends so Patrick, Will, and I loaded up into the suburban, went and picked up Patty's friends then proceeded to drive to the mall. We went inside and Patrick went into the movies, so Will and I decided we should walk around the mall. I have never been a big fan of malls, or shopping in general so Will and I got along just great. We rode the train, looked in the LEGO store, and had a shake a Chick-fil-A. I learned later that Will wanted to walk around because that's what Patrick did when he came to the mall. I remember having similar desires as a child. Having two older brothers myself, I always wanted to do what they were doing, including playing football. So even if it was with me, Will got to be "cool" and walk around the mall. When it was getting close to time when Patrick's movie was supposed to end, we headed back to the movie theater (I was making sure we met Patrick so he didn't decide to walk around the mall for a couple hours). We were a bit early so Will and I decided to play arcade games; this is where it gets bad. Will and I had some serious fun playing arcade games and in the meantime I lost the keys to the suburban. I really don't know how this happened, because I am the person who is constantly checking my wallet to see if my credit card and license are there; and I'm always checking for my keys. Will and I searched high and low, retraced all our steps, and still no keys. Wid and Peter told me there were extra keys at home. I then proceeded to call my friend Monique who came and picked me up to go get the keys. Needless to say, Patrick got to walk around the mall for an hour......epic fail.

After our mall escapade we came home to make dinner and just hang out. I made sloppy joes, okra, and tater tots, boy food of course. The boys decided after dinner they wanted to swim in their boxers; all I can say is that boys will be boys. I love babysitting the Comer boys; we always have fun.

Today I talked to Teague Style (my mom). I love her, A LOT. Being at college, I really miss her sometimes. Don't get me wrong I miss my dad like crazy too, mom and I just saw much more of each other on a daily basis. Teague would let my dog Reggie in the house to jump in bed and wake me up in the mornings every morning which is much more appealing than waking up to an alarm. I would get out of bed and then she would have breakfast or coffee ready, sometimes both. We listened to music and talked in the bathroom while we got ready for the morning. Now that I think about it, I imagine her mornings are a lot more peaceful and a bit longer since I'm gone. She would pick me up for lunch everyday while Katie G and I proceeded to bicker in the car. At night she would sit in her chair with Booty (Reggie) while we just talked and gave luvins. Teague and I have given each other luvins since I was a baby. Luvins is just our creative name for cuddling or hugging. I'm not a big hugger or touchy person, but luvins with Teague is just bliss.

Curran would refer to luvins as "hugging it out" which he assures me the world needs more of. Curran and I hug it out frequently. Believe me, being in college calls for some serious hugs sometimes. I don't really like YouTube, but this video is definitely worth the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

Today, tomorrow, or even the next day, give some luvins, hug it out, give a free hug.

Carpe Diem,

law


(The title of the blog is such because the keys that I lost had a Yoda on them. Yoda is also a character that has caused some serious hostility in my family; we can discuss this next time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment