Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Oh Happy Days

Oh Happy Days, the song from Sister Act II, is the song of the day; however, I don't suggest listening to it unless you want it stuck in your head.

At lunch today, I ran into a door pretty hard and hit my head. Dad told me I needed to watch where I was going; I thought I was, but of course Dad is right. Lately, I have been trying to keep my eyes open; sometimes I find this difficult. As many of you know college is a whole new world. Much of what the college life brings is very good. As Dad would say, "Your brain is mush until you are.....(who knows it changes everyday and is dependent on who is around)." Believe me, I know my brain is still mush, but living in the same building with 162 mushy brained people makes you want to close your eyes sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I love dorm life and actually hope to be an RA next year, but there are just those times when you just want to close your eyes and be able to be by yourself. Maybe this is why I hit my head. Either way, I am glad I am at Wid's house babysitting the boys tonight; I get some time to myself, and it's nice.

Tuesday I gave an informative speech over Rapid Eye Movement in my T-Th 8:00 a.m. class. My professor gave me very nice compliments on my speech, and because I gave mine Tuesday, tomorrow I have nothing due for class and only have to attend and listen to speeches. Public speaking is feared among the masses. However, I have never had a fear of public speaking; it seems to just flow naturally for me. I almost find a sense of peace when I step up to the podium to begin a speech. I have over the years spoke on many topics. Although I am not a communication major, I hope to be able to continue my public speaking career. Actually after I just finished that sentence I had a friend call me asking for help on her speech, how funny.

Lately I have been listening to the "Imagine" by John Lenon station on Pandora radio. I have came to the conclusion that it is fabulous.

I talked to my grandmother and granddad this morning. They are so special to me. My grandmother told me it was cold this morning in Gruver. I looked on my phone's weather app, she was right, it was forty-six degrees. As much as I want to be home at times, this morning wasn't one of those times. It was sixty-two in Austin, my type of weather.

Love always,

law

No comments:

Post a Comment