Monday, October 11, 2010

Five Little Monkeys Jumping On the Bed

Today I went to mass at St. John Neuman Catholic church. I wanted to go to mass in the day time because mass at the college is at nine at night. I could've gone to the 10:30 a.m. mass at college, but I didn't wake up until 11:00 a.m. I was around five minutes late to mass and walked in with another couple college kids and so the usher proceeded to seat us...at the very front. I smiled to myself thinking of how something similar would've happened in my hometown. The priest was Nigerian which made feel even more at home because I actually had to concentrate to understand the priest just like I do back home.

In my last blog I said I would write about the Yoda fiasco in my family. First, understand that on my mother's side of the family we are super competitive and it's an every man for himself environment. I don't remember exactly when but a few years back one of my aunts got this little Yoda figurine that talks. The Yoda was stolen again and again from multiple houses until somehow the Yoda ended up at my house. Seeing the Yoda key chain made me recall this event. I was talking to my aunt and told her to Yoda was at our house. She told me there was no way that Yoda was upstairs. I laughed and said go check she went up the stairs looked and of course like I had told her Yoda was gone. Needless to say she flipped out and couldn't believe that Yoda had been stolen once again. Therefore, the endless circle of theft and competition is never ending. The Johnston's are ruthless and I love it.

Tonight I had to watch the movie "Leila" for my honors class. The movie is in Arabic; I hated it and don't suggest it. The movie is as slow as "Lawrence of Arabia" and as boring as "Master and Commander: Far Side of the World". The reason I sat through the whole movie is because we have a possible quiz over it tomorrow in class. I hope my dedication pays off.

Claire has been doing make-up on people for her class all night tonight. She turned Diane, a girl in our LLC, into a woman who had been beat up in a bar. Now she is turning Noah, our devoted RA and Claire's cousin, into an old man. She is very adept with make-up. Claire also has a beautiful voice. She's this tiny little thing not even five foot, and she has the voice of a 'big ole black woman' as stereotypical as that sounds. It is interesting to find out everyone's talents. God has gifted my roommate with some pretty amazing abilities if I do say so myself; Claire is one special girl.

It is time for this muse to come to an end. Just for kicks remember the five little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell off and bumped his head, momma called the doctor and the doctor said, "NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED!"

The song of the day is "Our Love" by Paul Cardall, you can only find it on YouTube, or that was the only place I have found it. There are no words, but give it a chance. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SzMdgGCFPc

Love always,

law

2 comments: