Friday, October 8, 2010

Coyotes

Bombing in Cologne
Song of the day, Coyotes by Richard Thompson. My oldest brother Ryan introduced me to this song, it is epic.

So the picture above is one Dr. Becker showed us in a recent lecture. Notice all the other houses and buildings in the picture are demolished excluding the Cathedral. In theory, the Cathedral shouldn't have stood the bombing either. This reminds me of a similar story dealing with a church back home. I don't remember what church but either way, the church burned down. However, the Paschal candle was still standing in the church after the fire. Think about it, one of the most flammable things in the church is unaltered by the fire; this gives me goosebumps.

I'm glad it's the weekend. Even though I have homework to do this weekend, there will be time for rest. Weekends in Austin are very relaxed to me. Provided this weekend ACL is happening, the city is a bit more active. Someday I would like to go to ACL, this year just isn't the year.

It doesn't seem like October to me. This is most likely due to the fact that Austin is still eighty-five degrees. I love Austin weather. My mom's mom, Noni shares a similar view with me on weather. She never likes to come visit us back in Gruver in the winter because it is just too cold. Some people don't really understand why you couldn't just wear a jacket, but I completely understand why she won't visit in the winter! Last year in Gruver I think the first snow came in October, while I'm still wearing shorts and flip-flops in Austin.

If you know me you know that I absolutely love to cook. At college it is difficult to cook in the dorms. It is nice to have my aunt close so I can hang out with her boys and cook whenever I feel like it. She takes care of me; I love her and all the boys very much. I really miss cooking though. So just for me, cook something this weekend. If you are brave, don't follow  recipe; don't be scared, I never use recipes. One of my favorite things to do when cooking is to use random ingredients that people normally wouldn't think go with certain things. Believe me, it's a lot of fun and if you never write down your recipes (I always fail to do this) you always get to create a new masterpiece!

I am at this point officially starting my weekend and going to take a nap. I need to rest up for the GIVERS concert tonight anyways!!!

As Claire would say, "Peace and blessings,"

law

No comments:

Post a Comment