Thursday, October 7, 2010

40 Day Dream

40 Day Dream by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros is today's song of the day. This is my song, not Dr. Becker's.

Today was of course full of wonderful surprises. My classes for the day went well. In my honors class we are reading Persepolis. It is a comic book/graphic novel/memoir, and it is interesting to say the least; pick it up the next time you are at Half Price Books.

After classes my friend Monique had asked me to go with her to the Chase Tower to speak to John Cornyn's regional manager of public relations. We went to advocate the LRA bill. I have always been interested in our government and policy. Needless to say, I enjoyed the meeting very much. Monique is very passionate about Invisible Children; this makes me smile.

So while Monique, Stephanie, and I were walking out of our meeting I mentioned to the girls how I wanted to go to The Strokes concert tonight but it was sold out. Stephanie and I had decided to go on a run down at Town Lake. While we were walking from parking to the trail I get a text from LJ my hometown friend who also attends school in Austin telling me he has two tickets to the concert and they are mine if I want them. I called my aunt to see if she wanted to go with me and not an hour later we were standing at Stubbs waiting for The Strokes to come on stage! The concert was amazing; it was such a great night!

There is more I could say but I feel the need to keep it short and sweet. Today, being tomorrow for many of you who will read this I suggest listening to "Reptillia" by The Strokes. If you have the opportunity play it on Guitar Hero!

Smile,

law

No comments:

Post a Comment