Friday, June 8, 2012

Three Weeks

I have three weeks exactly until I leave this beautiful country. Yesterday was a great day... I have been helping one of my friends who teaches an English class here. I go on Thursdays and have worked with the students on their conversation and other skills to learn the language. It has been one of the biggest blessings here so far. I loved my time interacting with the students and my friend that I help is just a gem. Last night was the graduation for the students and afterwards they told us we were going to the hostel that one of the students owned to have pizza and celebrate. It was such a wonderful time. Granted there we talked in Spanish and also met some of the travelers at the hostel. It was such a good night for everyone, celebration, joyfulness, and the usual heart warming Chilean love.







The Chilean people are just so loving it's hard not to feel at home in this country. When we got to the hostel everyone started cutting things for the pizza. It's that way basically every time I have gone to a Chilean person's home. That whole mi casa su casa thing is such a reality here and I couldn't be happier. I have one test and a final paper left for school and then I am done. I think my friends and I are going to try and go skiing in the Andes the last day or two that we are here. The slopes on El Colorado open on the 23rd and we figure we might can just make a day trip out of it. Tomorrow is pizza night with our parents and friends. I am so looking forward to it! Also, Papá and I were talking at lunch and he has never tried a Bloody Mary so I'm thinking I might just have to go get some vodka and V8 so my parents can try a Bloody Mary for Sunday lunch--YUM.

I have a couple final things that I am looking forward to doing before I leave (like maybe snowboarding in the Andes) but mainly I plan on spending lots of time with my family before I leave. Next weekend we are all going out together and I'm hoping to get to see my nephews again--which I'm almost positive I will.

I finished my last Spanish presentation last week and it went very well. Our professor had urged us to do it without our notes which is very hard for most of us considering we are still not completely fluent. The presentations are also supposed to be about twenty minutes. I was able to do it without my paper at all--mainly because my presentation was over Pablo Neruda's house at Isla Negra. It's easy to talk about something in another language if you know a lot about it.

Tomorrow is also the UChile game--we will be watching that at this house before the pizza throw down.

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau


No comments:

Post a Comment