Monday, June 11, 2012

Finding My Next Adventure

So I think I have found my next adventure. I have always wanted to take a trip and go across the US so I'm thinking after I graduate and depending on where I am at in my life as far as a job, school, and such--this would be perfect. More than anything I think I would really like to do it on foot but I don't know that that is reasonable--but my ideas usually don't start of reasonable anyways. I've calculated that if I walk 15 miles a day I can make it in 200 days which isn't bad at all. I now officially have this vision of my trip across the US on Hwy 50...I'm pretty excited thinking about it already. If I do it on foot I'll definitely have to find a buddy to go with--any takers?

I hope that my sense of adventure is something that I never lose in my life. Waking up everyday doesn't always feel adventurous to me but for the most part it does--even back home in Austin. I feel like that is something that I have always just really loved about life--making it an adventure. I know this is a pretty optimistic life loving blog post but I really do appreciate the exciting twists and turns in life that help me grow as a person--like almost getting stuck in that Panama airport four months ago, or getting my metro card by myself after only speaking Spanish for about a month, or hiking high into the cerros with one of my friends just to see the view.

As my adventure here comes to a close I'm continuing to live out every moment even as the taste is so bittersweet. I will be coming home to my family and friends who I have missed dearly as well as a job that I absolutely love. Come September I will begin my senior at college where I will finish my senior thesis and find myself in the busiest semester since I have begun college. I'm so excited for everything that is happening around me right now. It's a fun time in my life and I'm definitely not going to let it pass me by you know?

I found some pictures yesterday from when I was in high school which are about six and seven years old at this point because most of them were taken my freshman and sophomore year. It was fun looking back on all the old memories and friends and being able to look at how much I have grown. Growth is such a beautiful and sometimes difficult part of life that I really appreciate--and especially all of the people who have been there with me helping me grow as a person.

I hope wherever you are in your life that it is still an adventure of sorts.


2 comments: