Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sol y Mar

This is my last Sunday in Valparaiso. The emotions behind leaving this place are hard to sort out and I don't even know if I want to do that yet so I'm just kind of trying my best to live in the moment and not worry about the rest. If I want to smile, I will smile; if a tear falls, that's fine--leaving here is both very happy and sad. More than anything leaving here, for me, means I have grown. My relationships back home have thrived with me being gone--distance really does make the heart grow fond. I have learned so much while I have been here about life, love, culture, and so many other things that I don't even realize.

Yesterday my friends and I spent the day at the artisan market in ViƱa and then watched the sunset at the beach. We are all still children at heart and bought friendship bracelets at the artisan and our pictures are made up of silliness.

I guess today begins a lot of lasts for me--haha that was so dramatic. It's really not. I know that this isn't my last week in Valpo forever--I will be back. It's like leaving for college again, just worse. Worse only because my two homes are 5,000 miles apart. Which, once again--whatever, it's just a plane flight away, right?

I did well in all of my Spanish classes and have one paper left to write for my Latin American Literature class. Finals week here was so much more stress free compared to finals in the states.

This is funny. I thought when it got to my last week here I would have plenty to say but honestly I am at a loss of words (this rarely happens). I guess right now they just aren't there. In that case, it's a good thing I have pictures to fill the gap!



The rocks cry out.





Chile






All you need is love.





No comments:

Post a Comment