Thursday, June 28, 2012

The End Is Near

Tomorrow is my last full day in Chile. It has come so quickly, and no, I'm not packed yet. Everything in my life is about to do a 180 and I am not sure I am quite ready for that. Oh well right? That's life and it's going to change whether I like it or not. I will really just be going from one extreme to another. Life is very slow paced here compared to the states and even though I am excited to go back, it's going to be a difficult adjustment for me at first. I am hoping it will go smoothly though!

It's been raining all day here--SO COLD. It's hilarious to think that I am going to step off of a plane into 100+ degree weather in Texas. My body is not going to know what to think except for AMEN. I'm excited for summer and summer weather. After about seven months of winter my body could use a little sun.

Today we played our second volleyball game. It didn't go as well as the first but it was still so much fun. I am one of those people who always puts so much stress on myself to always win, and believe me we wanted to win but I wasn't like upset when we lost the second and third match.

Even though I will be leaving in less than 48 hours I still feel like I have so much time here. I guess that is what happens when a place becomes your home. I always feel like my time is infinite in Gruver and Austin, both of which I will always call home. I know that I can always go back to those places and find family and happiness waiting for me with open arms. That is how I have come to love Valpo and my family here.

There are so many people who have been apart of this journey for me; I am so blessed to have such great friends and a wonderful family. Looking back on the past four months I am truly one of the luckiest girls around. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I came here, grew as a person, learned a language, ate vegetables (haha), and so much more. I never could have done it by myself and the Lord continuously put the right people beside me to help me out. His love has been all around me during my time here in Chile. God is so good...I am so loved.





No comments:

Post a Comment