Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Here Comes the Sun

I turned in my last final paper today and will receive the last of my final grades in a short class Thursday--school is over. It is weird that it is just now ending--I feel like I've been in school forever and then not at all. I do find joy in the fact that when I get back I will still have two months of summer (work) before I start my fall semester. Today is a pretty gloomy day here in Valpo. The weather is misty, cloudy, and cold--the forecast for pretty much the rest of the week. I have a couple more souvenir gifts to pick up but other than that and taking some pictures I just plan to hang out with my family an say good bye to my friends. It is so strange to start saying good bye to everyone and everything here. I'm definitely putting off packing for Friday. Tonight one of our Chilean friends is having a going away dinner for some of my friends and I.

This past Thursday my friends and I played in a volleyball tournament for our university--it's their version of like club sports. We won our game and have moved on to the second round. Our next game is on Thursday! I never played volleyball in high school but I've played in the sand a couple of times--that count's right? Most of the girls I play with either played in high school or college and are really pretty good. We had a blast and I'm looking forward to the game on Thursday.

There are so many things that I will miss about living in this city. The thing I will miss the most is my family--by far. But I really do love living by the sea. I will miss seeing the waves everyday and watching the boats sailing in and out of the port. I will miss the people here who are so loving and willing to help you with anything. I will miss the graffiti and the vibrant colors of the houses on every hill. I will miss how slow the pace of life moves here--there is no rushing for anything and long hours are spent enjoying each others company. There are so many things that I love about this place...

I am looking forward to taking what I have learned here back to the states with me. I have grown in so many different ways and my outlook on life has completely changed. I'm also ready for some sun..


No comments:

Post a Comment