Tuesday, June 12, 2012

And when it rains...it pours.

The rain of the winter/fall season has started here and it hasn't stopped and isn't supposed to anytime soon. I came home soaked twice today which is an abnormal feeling to me. I'm used to Texas drought although I hear Austin is getting some good rain lately--thank God, the Greenbelt will be full when I return! This rain isn't terrible but it makes life more difficult for sure. It's cold, it's wet, and unlike in the states when I just have to run to my car to get from one place to another I have to walk in the rain to catch my bus and stand there until it comes or start walking the twenty or so minute walk home--it's a different life ya know. I came home after my first class and had no desire to go back out into the pouring rain to return to school after lunch but I did--gold star for the day! It's supposed to be rainy all week so I'm mentally preparing myself haha. Okay so I lied. I just looked at my weather and it is supposed to rain all next week as well--so this is what they call the rainy season in the south huh? I guess I'll get used to it within that amount of time--it's better than a drought!

I received one of my final projects today and we started reviewing for a final test in the other class--it's really the end of my classes here. I definitely have learned a great amount in my classes here regardless of how different it is. It will be a jump start when I return to classes at SEU though.

We have our final dinner with all of our program this Thursday which should be fun. It's the first time all of us will have been all together since the first week here probably--considering everyone comes that is. We are supposed to being going to a very nice restaurant so I'm excited.

Short and sweet. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment