Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kony 2012

 


So it was about last year in October when I actually heard about this cause.  I had gone with my friend to support her and raise awarness, then it seemed after about two months tons of kids at my university were involved with Invisible Children. I never got heavily into screenings or conferences, other than raising awareness against violence against women in Africa for a class. Everywhere I look in social media, Kony is there---and that is the mission, to keep him there. I know that all of my recent musings have been of my Chilean adventures and because of that my viewer population has seemed to skyrocket. I thank you all for reading faithfully, it's definitely fun to have an audience. However, today I am taking this opportunity to direct your focus to something much greater than my adventures in Chile. Do whatever you can to help--donate, share this video, join the cause, share this post...anything and everything helps. Growing up, I have always heard the sayings about my generation and what we are going to do.....this is what we are doing, stopping a war. If you didn't watch the video, or didn't watch all of it I encourage you to do so. 

KONY2012

No comments:

Post a Comment