Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 9

Today we walked to school by ourselves for the first time---growing up we are. We went around Vina and Valpo to all the different buildings for our school, don't worry I only have to go to one since I am taking beginners Spanish and a literature class. Then we had another orientation meeting and went to register for classes. We registered in one big room---old school style, no computers just a hand written schedule and a yes or a no. My schedule was simple because like I said, the courses I am taking don't really fill up and are intro Spanish courses. I honestly have the best schedule in the world. I am used to going to school all day every day and then going to work and yada yada yada, here I don't have any classes on Mondays or Fridays--why can't this happen in the US? Hopefully four day weekends will give me plenty of time to travel, learn Spanish, and of course spend time on the beach and in the hills.

Funny thing I forgot to mention the other day--the seals that lay around on the front of the boats at port totally pose for the camera....no joke, it's hilarious.

Tonight Papa took us around our neighborhood---he is the greatest. We walked all around the hills and he showed us different restaurants and beautiful views of the sea...then we came back and had ice cream and he drilled us on our Spanish words. Learning Spanish at our dinner table is always great.

Tomorrow is Neruda's house--then Saturday.......time for the beach. Here are the photos I took of my neighborhood...ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment