Tuesday, March 6, 2012

So we made pizza and laughed all day...

Sunday afternoon our Chilean sister came over for lunch and she stayed all day. We had the best day--we sat at the table and talked all day until we all made pizza together that night.

My Chilean sister and my roommate

Toppings! No green!

Our Mama


Yay for Pizza!



Into the oven
We had such a wonderful day Sunday and the church I went to that morning was beautiful. Monday we kind of just lazed around the house for most of the day. I went to ISA for a while to work on my thesis and have most of the proposal done. This morning we had to wake up super early (for us) to get to class by 8:15. It was like waking up when I was little and having to leave the house twenty minutes early to walk to school....oh that character building finally came in handy, thanks parentals! I don't get the joy of watching my brothers fight all the way there and all the way home but the streets of Valpo have enough going on that I am usually highly entertained on the long walk.

My first course today was Latin American literature and it was great. It honestly is like a course that is designed around my thesis, my professor is even currently working on her dissertation on Pablo Neruda's poetry about Easter Island. We are also taking a class field trip to Isla Negra, his other house, could it get any better? After that class I went and took a nap at ISA, it was great--it was being like a freshman in college all over again, I obviously time traveled a lot today ;-). My last two classes were all in Spanish..the first was great and the second was okay. I had a headache when I finished but hopefully I will pick up more and more each day.

When I got home Mama had fresh juice made...she always has the best juice! I then took a shower and we had dinner. Tonight we had avocados stuffed with tuna, salad, and soup---it was SO DELICIOUS...then of course ice cream. Tomorrow and Thursday I have two more Spanish classes then it is time for the weekend! I hope to go to La Campana this weekend, it is a Chilean National Park only about an hour away from here.

Chao po

My Chilean family
 

No comments:

Post a Comment