Saturday, March 24, 2012

Oh hey, EARTHQUAKE.

Haha so don't worry, it wasn't as bad as the title alerts it to be. Apparently in the early morning around five there was about a seven second earthquake--some of my friends felt it and my parents did--I completely slept through it. Apparently it was a 5.3 but it didn't do much as far as I can tell...everything was fine when I woke up this morning. Today we went to a bunch of beaches in the north. It was a colder day here--mid sixties, so it wasn't exactly beach weather but we still had a great time. We left around ten and got home in time for dinner, spaghetti, my favorite! This afternoon we also went to the dunes and I "sandboarded" down huge dunes that take so much leg muscle to climb up...they need to invent sandlifts or something for real! It's nothing like snowboarding but still so much fun! I also took lots of pictures today but I am waiting for my battery to charge so I can upload them.

Tonight at dinner our parents were talking to us about the reign of Pinochet and Papa told us that when he was younger he was forced to work collecting train tickets and when he walked to work in the morning he would see people who had been shot in the street the night before. They lived in Santiago and the military would bomb the city and it was very dangerous. I hope I am telling you all of this correctly...I was pretty sure I was understanding right.

Today is also Mama's birthday and the big fiesta is tomorrow! Sometime soon I am also planning on getting a video up so you all can see the house and meet my parents..I don't think they will be camera shy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment