Thursday, February 16, 2012

I Was Here

It's finally here--I leave the country Wednesday. Tonight is my last night at work and I am slowly saying good-bye to people here in Austin. I know it's only four months, and in the grand scheme of things that isn't very long at all; however, I'm comfortable here. This trip is something I am doing for my self, to make my self uncomfortable, to learn and to grow. Preparing to leave has been everything everyone said it would be--a crazy roller coaster of stress, excitement, and emotions. I've never gone thousands of miles away from home where I can't speak the native language, but going somewhere knowing no one is something I have done multiple times before. I love to meet new people and have the freedom of the "start fresh" kind of feeling. Don't get me wrong, I don't need a fresh start from the people I am with in Austin, but I am excited for the one that I am approaching. I leave Wednesday morning and will be on a plan for around 24 hours. Besides small things, I am packed, have my visa, and am ready to leave.

I know I am only saying good-bye for a short time, but I hate good-byes, period. I love being around people I love and who love me and saying good-bye to those people is always hard for me. I know that they will be here when I come back, but it doesn't make leaving them any less difficult. I live with a great group of girls who have absolutely made my college experience that much more worthwhile, and as much as my job annoys me sometimes, I work with a great group of people who are so much fun to be around.

The day I leave is conveniently Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent. I'm not ever really a "give something up" type of person, but more of a do something else. I have no clue what I am going to do yet but I am sure of one thing, February 22 is the start of lots of things in my life.

I like to think into the future like any other person, and when I do at this moment, I am so shocked. When I get back into the country, I will be starting my senior year of college...it feels like I just started. I will need to start applying for grad schools and a million other things to get started on entering the "real world," crazy town, I know. I am also so excited for my senior year and everything that will come.



SOTD

No comments:

Post a Comment