Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 4

I'm annoyed--I had almost finished this blog then accidentally deleted it, my life is awesome. OKAY, so today we went to a vineyard--it started off being the best day here so far. The weather was overcast and I absolutely loved it! Here is the view...



The grapes were used to make the cabernet and had been planted in 2006, they were super sweet! The tour guide told us that to make red wines they only use the juices of the grapes but for whites they use everything, it was a super interesting tour.



We got to see inside the wine cellars where the barrels were:



And don't worry, we got to taste the wine, as you can see, I obviously enjoyed the winery.



Leaving there we traveled to Pablo Neruda's house, the part of the trip I have been waiting for--I wasn't disappointed at all. The only catch was that we couldn't take photos inside the house because of copyright laws, when a girl asked about it the tour guide said, "Sorry, it's your country's fault you know!" This was the walkway up to the house, the walls were filled with beautiful art!






The houses were beautiful, nooks everywhere, wonderful art on the walls, secret passageways, it was a writers dream house!!

 



Neruda was obsessed with the sea and it was evident all over the house. The artwork outside and all around was just too cool.



Neruda, the man who only wrote in green....the color of hope.



From there we went to lunch where I had steak and rice with salad. I absolutely love Chilean salads, interesting because I hate salads in the states. Chilean salads are simple: tomatoes and ice berg lettuce. After that we went to this hill....yeah don't know the name sorry...but on the top is a statue honoring the Immaculate Conception, also it is a very long ways up!




So far today has been the very best day of my Chilean adventure.



You can find the rest of my photo: here.  

Ciao po!

No comments:

Post a Comment