Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 6

Today was my first day a la Potifica Universidad Catholica de Valparaiso....well kinda--it was orientation and stuff. We woke up this morning and had breakfast then mama took us to school on the bus with our packed lunches...it was like kindergarten all over, it was great! We got to the school and took a written Spanish exam, don't worry, I did AWESOME..... after that we went down to the pier, then to the ISA house to eat lunch and take pictures for our IDs. Around midday we went to the police station to get our visas registered, you have to do it within 30 days of arriving to the country. Afterwards, me and two other girls went around the city by the university looking at all the stores. I bought some slippers because my mama said it wasn't good for me to go barefoot...I'm trying not to be obstinate. Then we had an oral exam and our parents came to pick us up from school. We sat at the dinner table eating and talking for about three hours after we got home--it was great. Hopefully I can write more soon, tonight I am tired!

Chao. 

1 comment:

  1. Might be a Latino culture thing in general with the barefoot thing. My mom cringes when I walk around barefoot in the house. This is probably why I dont like being barefoot very much either.

    ReplyDelete