Tuesday, January 31, 2012

22 Days

I was once again reminded today how blessed I am to live here at St. Edward's. Of course there was that time in my freshman year where I never thought I would want to leave Austin, and as much as I love Austin, I am ready for something new. However, there are people in this community that have played a significant role in my life during my time here at school. This week one of my professors, who is also a brother, invited me over to the brothers' center for chapel and dinner. All of the brothers that I met Sunday tonight at dinner are retired--they are absolutely wonderful people.

Tomorrow I go to Houston to interview for my visa. This is the final thing to be completed before I leave in twenty-two days. I have heard consulate horror stories so I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. I also found out recently that the family who I will be living with is an older retired couple with a four bedroom house and one cat. They live close to downtown Valpo and are a twenty minute walk from my school. I also found out that their home has wireless internet! I had read that wifi is a luxury in Valpo and was considering that my home their may or may not have internet. However, they do, so it will be much easier for me to communicate back to the states and keep up with my blogging and such.

That's all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment