Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's the End of the World As We Know It

I often find that many end of the year blog posts are relatively cliche and full of endless resolutions and goals that are made in the moment and lost by the end of the month. I've never been one for New Year's resolutions---personally I think they are ridiculous. This blog post will probably read just like any other cliche end of the year post, but I am okay with that, nostalgia isn't necessarily a bad thing.

During this past year, like any other person, I have of course learned a number of things about who I am and what I want out of life. I'm not going to recall any of these things because I don't deem it necessary--I just know that I have grown and that is all that really matters in the long run.

I made a huge decision in 2011 to study abroad for four or so months. I leave in less than two months and I am looking forward to the adventure ahead of me. When I come back, I will have ten months left of school and will then graduate from SEU. I find that hard to believe, it seems like I was just driving to Austin with my mom in the August heat. I still love the city but I am ready for something new; I'm sure after being abroad for four months, I will be ready to be back in Austin. Although I am also not scared to graduate and leave (unless I go to UT) Austin heading for somewhere completely different. As Tolkien would say, "Not all who wander are lost."

Looking at how my blog has progressed since the beginning keeps me writing. It started with a couple readers and the audience now expands globally. I can never thank all of you enough for reading my musings. I''ll end this post similarly to how my end of the year post ended last year--with all of my 2011 favorite songs.

Music:

In no particular order because I hate ranking songs:

Foster the People: "Pumped Up Kicks"
















Beyonce: "1+1"
















Ryan Bingham: "The Weary Kind"
















Fitz and the Tantrums: "MoneyGrabber"


















--LAW

No comments:

Post a Comment