Monday, January 10, 2011

Life Lately

Fear not, I am still continuing to blog frequently as I have previously mentioned! Lately my life has been spent on the road "Back Down South". I left my lovely family back in Gruver last Thursday morning heading for Sugar Land to see my wonderful friend Melina. My parents left for Las Vegas that morning for the Consumer Electronics Show (I think that's what it's called) where my dad had entirely too much fun... see here. I was supposed to drive to Dallas this morning but because the weather was unpredictable, I came to Austin for a few days. My stay in the land of sugar was very pleasant. God completely blessed me with the hospitality of Melina and her family.

When I arrived in Houston, the weather was wonderful of course. However, today, the weather is in the thirties and I am wondering exactly what is going on....not okay. I talked to my mother earlier today; she told me in Gruver it was six degrees and school was just canceled due to the snowfall. Luckily, the weather down here is supposed to be warm again by Wednesday. Speaking of my lovely mother, I am super excited because she will be in Dallas this weekend. Even though it will only be a couple days, seeing her is always great.

School starts a week from tomorrow and needless to say, I am ready to get back into the swing of things. I am sure three weeks from now I will be overwhelmed with coursework and ready for spring break; but for now, I am ready for a set routine even if it includes hours of homework.

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh sugar land...say hi to shelby lol (even though she can't hear you) hahahaha
    and school was delayed. not cancelled. it made me really jealous still.................. #ohtobeyoungagain

    ReplyDelete