Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm That Mountain Peak Up High

Sunday, Halloween, was Teague's birthday. I love her to death; my mother is such an amazing woman. We never really agreed on clothes and such when I was younger. However, not to say she didn't try to get me to wear a dress. I'm under the impression that dressing me as a child was a chore in and of itself; and keeping me in one outfit for an entire day was a much greater task. My parents tell me that as a child my clothes that I took with me to my babysitter for "accident" purposes would be the clothes that I would be wearing at the end of the day; not because I had had an accident, but simply because I liked to change clothes. My mom gave up dressing me soon after my dad convinced her that it was a lost cause. Although mom and I still had our disagreements about clothes on occasion, it was never something that we couldn't see past. Around the end of my junior year in high school I began sitting on the floor in her room for long hours with our dogs just hanging out and talking. I was, and still am, quite an energetic child so my mom would listen to me talk in one of my many cartoon voices or listen on repeat to the song of the day. We talk about who is beating who in words with friends, and who has chosen never to play us again. My relationship with my mom is such a beautiful and precious relationship to me. Not to say we never had our disagreements and still won't, because that of course is part of life. However, I love her more than anything in the world and now simply laugh when I look at my kindergarten school picture with my class where I am wearing a Dallas Cowboys football jersey with a baseball cap on backwards.

Oh, here is the song of the day.


This is Mt. Everest. As a child, and even now, I have a penchant for mountains, and heights in general. Climbing Everest is not exactly a tangible feat, but honestly I don't care, it's still on the bucket list. I can only imagine what breath taking (literally) beauty would be experienced when standing on top of the world. I have never really made a bucket list but here are a few things I would like to do before my dying day.

sky dive
live in Africa
become trilingual
walk the nation
bungee jump
visit every continent
write a book
have a huge (like 10+ kids) family
become a senator possibly president

Anyways, that is all for today. I hope your day is beautiful.

Love,


law


Just because it's in my head: SOTD2

2 comments: