Monday, November 15, 2010

Hate Is a Strong Word

It's old, but it's good: Father and Son

This weekend, the Lady Hounds, and Luis Mendoza ran at the state cross country meet. Not only did they compete, but they won! It was such an exciting day for them. It's almost a comical thing to be a Lady Hound, past, present, or future. For the most part you get to be excited for about a minute then you are thinking about next year. Not to say that you don't get to be excited about your win but your eyes are always set on what is still left to be accomplished. Mrs. Been screams for joy then turns to Ragan and Bailey who are 8th graders and says "Get ready for three next year!" This is what I admire so much about having been a Lady Hound, it doesn't matter what you've done it matters what you are doing.

I was texting Mrs. Been the night before the race and we were talking about the race and such. I simply told her the girls would do it because I knew that they had the most heart. This proved true the next day when the girls ran their hearts out and put everything on the line. Also, I would like to commend the Spearman Lynxettes who three-peated their state win! It was a great weekend for Hansford County.

Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching. I am not the biggest fan of holidays in general, but I am super excited to see my family! I have pretty big families on both sides and I love it. There is always tons of laughter, love, and fellowship at family get-togethers. I hope to have some time to do plenty of work during Thanksgiving, but I'm not going to count my chickens.

It snowed in Gruver the other day; it was seventy degrees in Austin, THANK GOD! However, I have acquired a bit of a cold so prayer would be appreciated.

Also, if you haven't noticed, there is a link on my sidebar to the Tree's (Davin's) blog. If time allows, take a look; you might understand more about where the Apple (me) gets her musing desires from.

Love,

law

No comments:

Post a Comment