Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rain It On Down, What Else Can You Throw At Me?

This should make you feel something, well it did for me: SOTD

So I wrote a sonnet in class today. Most of the time when I write a sonnet I try and write it about abstract random things that no one can truly comprehend. However, today I felt like sticking to the true "sonnet" form. Although the sonnet is not consistently in iambic pentameter, it is decent in format. I am my own worst critic, but I figured my blog needed some color in the writing. Change is good.

it was then, that love crossed my path once more,
like a breeze through my hair sun on my cheek
i opened the window, love the door.
takes my breath away on a mountain peak--

love you are so bold, gentle and sweet
running free, Love you make me feel like air
listening to love's heart, i feel the beat
Love and I are free, we make such a pair.

when the sun rises on love's face it soaks
the air is light, the world is new each day
love was not a choice or something love coaxed
Love in my life, never the skies are gray.

falling into the depths of the ocean
tilit my head back, i drink the love potion.


Here is the one of the most beautiful representations of love that I have ever seen in my life:


These are my dad's parents.

Here is the another beautiful representation of love that I have witnessed:

  

These are my wonderful parents.
These are my mom parents; absolutely love them.

In society today all commonly do people forget exactly what it means to marry someone. I cannot tell you how many of my friends come from broken homes. Yes, I realize that God makes good things happen out of a mess. However, I love what marriage means to both sides of my family, and the true value of love that has been instilled in me over the years. I know that being married has not been a walk in the park for any of the couples above. However, the beauty that was created because these marriages is a masterpiece. My family means the world to me, especially my grandparents. Because I am from a small town I also consider this couple to be my grandparents. 

Once again, love never fails:


These are my bosses at the cafe I work at back home. When I say they are like my grandparents, I'm not kidding. Honestly, everyone that sits at the community table for lunch is just another grandparent to me. Working at the El Vaquero was the best thing that happened to me at fifteen. I became a waitress and arguably learned more about life everyday at the restaurant than I have anywhere else. I would do absolutely anything for Phyllis and Harvey and everyone that sits at the community table daily. I love listening to all the stories and dealing with all the taunting that the older men engage in just to get a rise out of me.

God paints such beautiful pictures of love doesn't He?

Love, love, love,

law

No comments:

Post a Comment