Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Today In the Life

Today we went on our class field trip to the Museo Andino in Buin, a city about fifteen minutes outside of Santiago. We arrived at the museum mid-morning and were given a tour of all of the rooms. There were many artifacts from Bolivia, Peru, and Chile. The museum was a collection by the owner of the vineyard that was right next to the museum. I don't absolutely love museums...only because I'm one of those look and walk people unlike my father who could spend a whole day in one reading every sign. I did enjoy this museum for the most part--it was interesting to see all of the collection and take a step back into Latin American history. Also, it was insanely hot in Buin! Apparently it's been like ninety degrees in Santiago...talk about big difference! Today it also rained which was nice because it wasn't as cold here--more rain=less cold.




Tonight for dinner my Mama made the best meal! We had steak with rice and salad--yummm! Tomorrow is my last day of school for the week--weird. I may make a trip to the surfing capitol Pichilemu but who knows. It is also Papa's birthday tomorrow--I'm definitely thankful for his birth which of course calls for a toast! SALUD!

Something interesting that I have been meaning to write about--in my Spanish classes there is young Japanese man and of course he can't speak English and I can't speak Japanese but we are both learning to speak Spanish so we can communicate. I know it's a simple thing but it's really cool to be able to communicate with another person when you both don't speak the others' native tongue.


Latin Music...Rihanna Style

No comments:

Post a Comment