Friday, April 20, 2012

4/20

My parents used to tell us all the time that when I was born Reid would sit with me in our living room and just talk to me for hours and hours while I was in my rocker....that's where it all started for us. By the time I was about four Reid and I didn't really get along for the next twelve years of our lives and were constantly fighting and arguing. When I was in eighth grade Reid was a senior and was on an awesome basketball and football team--every time he played I loved it, that was my brother, and everybody knew it. Reid left for college and I didn't really know what I was going to do--all alone in the house with my parents everyday, no other sibling to get in trouble or fight with, do what? After Reid left for college, we started acting less like siblings and more like friends. I am so thankful for the relationship that I have with both of my brothers and what roles they play in my life. Granted, my brothers are super protective--especially Reid, and I'm definitely thankful for that as well. People say that we are a lot alike and I really value that--we have a sense of adventure and our Dad consistently laughs at our crazy ideas. I am so grateful for the brothers, I don't know what I'd do without them. Today is Reid's birthday and I couldn't think of anything I'd rather write about today then my brother and how blessed I am to have such a great guy in my life. Feliz cumpleaños Reidy! Love you-- :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment