Sunday, April 8, 2012

Adventures in Odyssey and a Birthday Weekend

When I was little, around the age of seven, my brothers and I started listening to Adventures in Odyssey. Adventures in Odyssey is an audio program about the lives of people in a small town called Odyssey. We would listen to them all the time, especially at night. I absolutely loved Odyssey with Whit, Connie, Bart, and the rest of the gang. At some point in Jr. High I started listening to them every single night when I fell asleep. I drifted off to sleep listening to the familiar characters talk me to sleep. I'm sure all of you have that childhood radio program or TV show that you're just like "Man, I really feel like I know these people!" Some point in high school, like my senior year I think, I quit listening to Odyssey. The other night I was falling asleep to some movie and thought back to all the nights I had listened to Odyssey and knew every story and every program by heart. I decided to look up Odyssey on iTunes and found out that not only is the show still on air, they have Podcasts now too! I went to the Whit's End website afterwards and read up on all of the characters that I knew so well for a lot of my life. The best thing about it is when I get back into the states I can catch up on the series because there's like five or six albums that I don't have yet....and out of a fifty-five album series I own all but those five or six. Adventures in Odyssey isn't your typical radio or TV show though, it's a bible series but not like Veggie Tales where it's a bible story in every adventure, but more or less about life lessons that everyone must learn. I know the series is primarily aimed at 8-12 year old kids--but I'm a kid at heart so I think all is well.  So if you're ever looking to getting into a good audio series for a long car ride, especially if you have kids, I'd definitely start hanging out with Whit and the gang.



Yesterday we celebrated Papa's birthday and there were twelve (I think) people at our house. It was so much fun. All day long we ate, drank, laughed and had the best time. I also met my two Chilean nephews...they are absolutely adorable! Here are a few photos from yesterday:

My Chileno nephew


SALUD!

Love this man

Chilean siblings!

Cross in our house--the clear circles are Jesus' tears

The birthday boy

Pan

Cuties :-)


Love it.

Boys and their cars..

So much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment