Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday

I have never personally been the kid who gets excited about Lent. I often have found it to be annoying in sorts and something I never much cared for as far as being a practicing Catholic goes. However, I always have participated in the Lenten season and tried to simply "give up my suffering to Jesus" as my mom would say.

This year I am particularly excited about Lent! No, I am not giving something up for Lent, because honestly that isn't much of a challenge for me. I'm sure my dad could think of plenty of things that would challenge me but really I don't think I would benefit much if I gave something up; I already give things up on a regular basis just to see how it makes me feel. Instead of giving something up I plan to write a letter to a different person each day. I started trying to do this for Lent a few years back but never got very far into it; this year will be different.

This idea is inspired by my wonderful grandfather who I was having a lunch conversation with (my grandmother was contributing as well) about the beauty of correspondence through writing letters. With my schedule being as insanely crazy and hectic it is I hope that these Lenten letters let people in my life know that I care about them even if it seems like we haven't talked in ages.


Here is the SOTD

Love love love


LAW

2 comments:

  1. I just think you are wonderful! God has truly blessed you with a wonderful family. You are smart, sweet, and I love the way you write. Even though I don't really know you, I can tell by the way you write and the way Claire misses you. I wish you well in all your endeavors. I am sure you will go far. I also hope that you and Claire can remain friends through out college and life.
    Sincerely,
    Conni Corn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Corn,

    Your kind words made my day and are greatly appreciated. I miss Claire also; I know we will be friends for a very long time; she is a wonderful person to have always watching out for me. I hope you have a wonderful spring and are blessed throughout the season.

    Carpe Diem,

    Leigh Anne

    ReplyDelete