Saturday, March 9, 2013

Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Again)



Welcome to the Austin Kite Festival everyone. I loved the festival except for the fact that it was windy, the cedar is high, and I have insane allergies...so I could stay for like five minutes until I had to leave haha. Whatever. I still got some great pictures! I hope you like them. Two things: 1) yes, the sky really is that blue 2) yes those kites are that big--watching ten men fly a kite is great fun.






It's so beautiful right? I've been having these moments where I will be driving by an overlook of the city and realize how much I will really miss the city. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited about moving to the Valley, Austin is just an easy going place that has a special feel and will always have a place in my heart.



Arrrggh mayteee.


See that kite? Isn't it HUGE?


This is one of the places I will miss the most in Austin--Town Lake. I spend the majority of my time (when I am not working) swimming and kayaking in this lake during the summer. There are all sorts of wonderful coves to paddle into and it's just a place bursting with life and great people. I actually jumped off of the bridge upon which I stood to take this picture. I later found out that there is all sorts of metal at the bottom of this lake....won't do that again. I can't wait until those trees turn green and the water gets warm...which will be in like two weeks. It has been pretty warm in Austin (like the 80s) which makes me so happy. I love this place and everything that it has to offer. Today it is the dreary kind of rainy weather....which is fine. I'm staying inside all day and watching movies--I also might go to the movies. Wherever today takes me, I'm looking forward to it. I plan on embracing Spring Break truly as a "break"--watch out yo.




No comments:

Post a Comment