Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Objects of Love

So I've had this blank blog post up for the past two days trying to figure out what I should blog about and I find myself still sitting here with a blank screen. Saturday I went with my parents to visit my brother and his family in Quilpue which was a really great day. We don't have school tomorrow because it is a holiday--but other than that nothing too exciting has been happening here lately.

I am, and always have been, rather fond of quotes. However, I have a love/hate relationship with cliche quotes--they drive me nuts/I recognize their ability to gain stature. Just for the fun of it I decided to compile some of my favorite cliche quotes--I'm sure you have heard every one.

If anything can go wrong, it will - at the worst possible time. -Murphy's Law

Now I understand why I was put on standby in the airport in Panama when I could speak zero Spanish and had to arrive the next morning to meet my director in Santiago--worst possible time not to know any Spanish.

You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth. - William W. Purkey

This is me every morning when I wake up and immediately put my music on. In Jr. High it was Elton John, in High School it was Taylor Swift, now it's Jay-Z and Fitz and the Tantrums.

If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together...there is something you must always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart...I'll always be with you. -Winnie the Pooh

When I watch a love story movie which is like....once a year--sorry Pooh. 


Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend. -Albert Camus

Most of my friends are taller than me--they hear this on a regular basis. 

Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. -Bernard M. Baruch

Thank you Mr. Baruch for giving me an excuse to call my mom and only talk in animal noises. 

 Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss

Women just call these mixed emotions--welcome to a day in the life of Leigh Anne. 

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. -Marilyn Monroe

I usually just tell people--yes I'm crazy. 

Be the change that you wish to see in the world. -Gandhi  

Social justice, one day at a time. 

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

I know, I know, I know.....this is where I confuse the definition of inferior with "hurt my feelings" 

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. -Robert Frost

Frost definitely makes life seem pretty depressing with this one...and on the other hand...it's like reverse pessimism.

 I do really enjoy quotes but I like to dig and find the quotes that no one uses--the ones that are not yet "famous." I mean really, everything we write and say can be considered a quote. I am literally so intrigued by words--speech, language, literature, writing, all of it. Learning Spanish has definitely taught me that the key to understanding people is communication. Above everything else I am learning to become a good communicator. Those of you who know me may be laughing and thinking this is really no probably for me--I'm sure my mom is. Though, I'm not wanting to learn to talk--I can already do that, believe me. I want to learn to communicate--let people in on my ideas, thoughts, and emotions while listening to theirs as well. I may be able to talk but I'm definitely lacking in the communication area--so I'm working on it.




 Gather ye rosebuds while ye may....or ya know, just seize the carpe. 

1 comment:

  1. From my quote book:

    Dear Daddy,

    Do you know how much I love you? You do? I love you more than the ocean more than my phone, but I love you less than God. I love you Daddy. LAW 8/9/01

    ReplyDelete