Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Free My Soul

I can't remember exactly when music became such a huge part of my life--probably when I started singing on the tractor with my dad when I was little or when I was ten and picked up my first set of drum sticks--that was a magical moment. I definitely have always felt like drum sticks are just an extension of my hands. When I was little I also picked up a guitar for about a month when I was seven--it didn't do the same thing for me. I picked it back up when I was sixteen and after playing for a while I could play my basic chords and play along fairly easily--I can still play most of the basics on the guitar but the comparison between the two instruments varies greatly when they are in my hands. Somewhere in Jr. High I started having the song of the day. People would hear me singing (terribly) up and down the hallways until I graduated high school. Everyday there was a different song. This past summer I was asked to compile a playlist of my life--what a fun project! I started going through my iTunes (which is very large) and compiling a playlist. Oh yeah this song makes me think of this and that and yada yada yada. It was great for me! I have a fairly bad memory most of the time and it was amazing how much I remembered when I listened to my music. When I started college I started sending my friends songs of the day according to their specific likings--it was fun and I still do it once or twice a week. Just for the fun of it--here is some of my music:

My freshman fall at college I walked to Jones every morning listening to this song and this song. 

When my oldest brother graduated from high school I listened to this song every single morning the next year. Also this one...I don't think my mom could ever listen to Elton John again without crying--sorry mom.

When mom and I moved me to college this is the only song I listened to in my car.

When Parker and I would leave school our senior year to get Cjs for everyone we regularly listened to this song in his truck.

My senior summer, I listened to this song all the time.

I have been listening to this song since one of my friends put it on a CD for me like three or more years ago--I don't know if I ever get tired of it.

When Ali passed away I listened to this song for months.

I found MGMT in high school sometime and this immediately became my favorite song of theirs.

My grandparents took us on a cruise and I listened to this song the whole time.

All of my sophomore year of high school--this song.

And my junior spring...

Working at the El Vaquero with Charlotte it was this song. 

Ski trip before I went to National Jewish for a week.

Every time Payton and I drove back from Torch together--this song.

Taking my senior pictures it was this song. 

As for Chile

This
This
This
This
This
oh...and this.


I honestly could do this for most anything in my life. I have a whole list of songs that when I hear them this summer back in the states I know that I will immediately think of Chile. I love music and what it does for my life. I definitely like to put what I want to say to people in song lyrics--makes life more fun. This was all just kind of for fun because my Chilean playlist is getting rather long at this point. There had also been a post started on our group wall about new jams so it got me to thinking about how big of a role music plays in my life. Give me the beat boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment