Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Local Boy's Shoes

Tomorrow I begin the first day of my last semester as an undergraduate. It is funny to think back to a year ago at this time. I was working full-time at the pub and living on a mattress in my friends' (and now and then roommate's) living-room. I was in transition because I wasn't going to school--I was fixing to leave for Chile. I was preparing to embark on the biggest journey of my young life. Honestly, I cannot believe that this part of my life is only a year in the past. I am looking forward to the end; I'm sure it will be bittersweet.

I have almost received all of my books in the mail. Because of my major, I tend to have a huge stack of books every semester. I'm not exactly sure what is in the pool this time but I'm sure it will be interesting. This upcoming semester I am taking my seminar class, a Shakespeare class, ethics, interning a Spanish class, playing for the jazz band, and just for fun I signed up to take nonverbal communication--I figured it would be good for me. Since I have moved to college (with the exception of last semester), I have always been one of those kids who really looks forward to going to class. I know at some point or another I will want to pull my hair out because of them, but I am anticipating the beginning of my classes.


So the song of the year right? Don't watch the video--it's dumb. But I think it's a general consensus that this song is that good. I'm pretty sure those are all of my great thoughts for the day....

2 comments:

  1. Nonverbal is awesome!! is it with Varner?? good luck with your last semester as an Undergrad!!
    Also, one of the other ETAs I know is going to be doing TFA next year in Memphis...made me think of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had a good time with nonverbal--and yes, it is with Varner; that is pretty much the reason I took it. Thank you for your well wishes Amarette! I miss seeing your face on campus and in Student Life where I happen to be a frequent face (more so) these days. Wouldn't you know--I'm sure you never thought you'd see the day. ETAs? No clue what that is...should I know? I'm thinking of you all the way in Germany--I hope you are still living the life of your dreams. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete