Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Meanwhile in Austin

Hello all, yes--I am still alive. I have been wondering for the past two months when I will be able to write something that I think is worthwhile again. I have been working for a magazine and writing articles for them. I have also recently finished my internship for my hometown newspaper (which was so fun). However, I haven't written anything in a while where I just read it and know that it is my writing and that it is good. I have been told at least five times in the past month that I should write a book--ha, where do you even start with something like that. I appreciate those of you who have stuck with me, I hope I don't disappoint you too often in my musings. I'm sure every writer hits this kind of writing block--I know that I have experienced it before. I do have a book in the works and I haven't told many people about it, mainly because I don't want any pressure to finish it. However, I guess it's about time that I really get to work. I have been asking myself what's next just about every moment of every day since I have been back from Chile, and maybe that is what's next--a book. Now, if I can just find a good place to start then everything will work out nicely because a portion of the middle is roughly written. I guess there is just so much to consider: who I am writing it for, finding a publisher, what to write about, just so much. I'm sure it will come...I'm just going to be patient.

Meanwhile, in other news...

I started school which has been hard, just as expected. I am living with two of my best friends which is wonderful. We had a housewarming party/ 21st birthday party this past weekend and it was all sorts of fun:





As for this week, I'm just trying to get back into the school groove and keep up with work...speaking of which I have to head out to work at the moment. Hopefully my blogging won't continue with the dry-spell I've seemed to have been under as of late.

Thanks for holding out.


No comments:

Post a Comment