Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"Write what should not be forgotten."

I know I haven't posted in like....a month, but school has started and so that may mean more blogging; we will see. My sophomore/junior year in college has definitely taken a different turn compared to how my life was last year. I no longer live in a a tiny dorm room but have an apartment where I have a kitchen that I can actually cook in which is so nice. However, lately I haven't been able to cook too much; I have been working a lot. I thought when school started, my work life would slow down a bit, but that hasn't been the case at all. I love most of my classes, they just require intensive reading. I am currently in the process of applying to study abroad in Chile this February. I have always wanted to learn Spanish and travel, going to school while doing both seems to be a reachable aspiration. Yesterday I was talking to my dad on the phone and he asked me if I was okay considering all the fires surrounding Austin. I told him that I was fine but it was definitely affecting people I know. My boss lives in Bastrop and some friends of mine have also had to evacuate; if you could keep them in your prayers that would be great.





No comments:

Post a Comment